Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Orbituary for a dear friend.....

I was kind of shocked upon receiving the message.  And I'm still in shock at the moment.  We had planned to visit her this weekend..

She was my former dorm buddy when I was in form 2.  Small, petite and at times, looked a bit fragile.  We did have our ups and downs, as friends and dorm buddy.  Despite all the differences, we did stand united when being faced with problems and being called by the seniors to "mengadap". Together, all of us stood tall and strong for each other.

She was also the Assistant Head for the Dorm.  The juniors liked her as she is easy to get along with.  We enjoyed her company as she blended well with the rest of us, the "gila2 dorm".  I could still remember the incident whereby all of us decided to "ponteng sekolah".  It was among the final weeks of the term, before school holiday started.  We had a gala time in the dorm - relaxing, singing off tune loudly, "masak maggie baldi" when suddenly we got to know the warden was conducting spotcheck, checking from dorm to dorm.  I could still remember how all of us got panic and started to run around, looking for a place to hide.  We ended up in separate locker, next to each other.  I'm smiling now....thinking how mischevious we were then.

We went separate ways after form 2.  My parents transferred me back to a secondary school nearer to them.  She was still there, with the rest of the gang.  We lost contact, none of us know her whereabouts.  Until I got linked to her sister through Facebook recently.  She seems to be having a good life, I assumed.  I always wanted to contact her but it is quite difficult as she always changes her number. 

She was hospitalised last year and was in pretty bad condition.  Somehow she managed to pull through.  I was so glad to be able to see her foto (through her sister's album), she's still the same old friend of mine.  She looked well and fit in the foto.

The message I got through Facebook last nite was a shocker.  I quickly gang-up a few of our friends, making plans to visit her this weekend.  But God is great, He knows man could only plan, He decides.  Received a message just now, I still can't believe she is no longer with us.  I could still hear her laughter, could still see her smile.....

May you rest in peace my dear friend, maybe this would be the best for you....you will no longer suffer the pains that you had to go through everyday....

Al fatihah to Suhaila Mohd Ramli
My deepest condolence to Kak Ita....moga tabah hadapi dugaan ini...

No comments:

Post a Comment