Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pre Trans-Peninsular Hunt


Ok, let's be honest.  We are all excited (or shall I say, sexcited??) for the Trans-Peninsular Hunt this weekend.  Firstly, it's a weekend getaway for us and secondly, trip to the north, the centre of food heaven!!!  Wallau wei, testing all the various, glorious, tasty food at the centre of food heaven with your buddies???  Are you kidding?

Ever since we got to know that the hunt will be to the north, we made plans....where to go, what to expect etc.  Some went to the extent of preparing a food itinerary, with stopovers in Ipoh, Kuala Kangsar, Kuala Sepetang, Sungai Dua and the island.  That's really advance and well planned.

As for me, right now, I am doing up our itinerary.....might want to stopover in Ipoh while on the way up north....Somebody recommended Nasi Ganja.  Personally, I would like to try the SS Ali popia in Ipoh town.  Can't find popia of equivalent taste/standard here.

We will then continue our journey and might make a pitstop at Kuala Sepetang for the ever famous Mee Udang.  Or we might even continue driving up north and stop at Sungai Dua...who knows...

The main agenda will be the night when we arrive in the Island.  Where to lepak, what to eat, where to go for sight seeing and do we have time to "mandi laut" the next morning?? 

Guys, so many things to do.......so little time, how???

Among the food that I would love to have this time round....

Chee Chong Fun.

Claypot beryani at Kapitan Restaurant, Penang


Mantis Prawn....

Mee Goreng Sotong at Esplanade......craving for this already


Drooling for roti benggali and kambeng soup...yummy!!


Last but not least, the penang popia......

Semua gambo adalah dicilok dari pakcik google/yahoo....from various sources...


NB:  How I wish I'm there now...
To wake up early in the morning and stroll along the beach....
I miss my good old days when I was working there......

No comments:

Post a Comment